Scholar Athlete of the Week
Each week, local high school's athletic directors, teachers, counselors and/or principals will select one high school athlete to be the Scholar Athlete of the Week. The selected student will be recognized on air during halftime of a Thursday Night Lights game broadcast. All Scholar Athletes selected will have a chance of winning a $5,000 scholarship to the college or university he/she plans to attend.
Scholar Athletes of the Week
• GPA 4.0. Won an Academic Achievement Award from Fort Dorchester three years in a row.
• Defensive Lineman for Football Team and Varsity Letterman.
• Volunteers year-round at Charleston Family Services.
• GPA of 4.3. Member of the BETA Club and National Honor Society
• Involved in Boy Scouts most of his life.
• Offensive Lineman for the Football Team
|Click here to read the rules and see how one becomes a Scholar Athlete of the Week.|
|Date||Home School||Visitors||Final Score|
|09/12||Bishop England||Porter Gaud||TBD|
|09/19||Fort Dorchester||Goose Creek||TBD|